AUGUST RACE INFO
LET'S SHAKE IT UP SHALL WE? THERE ARE A FEW WAYS WE CAN LOOK AT THIS NEW AUGUST FORMAT. MAYBE YOU ARE BURNT OUT ON ROAD RACING? COOL! HERE'S A FUN WAY TO GET OUT OF THE NORM. MAYBE YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT CROSS ALREADY? OK. HERE'S A GREAT CHANCE AT GETTING DOWN AND DIRTY ON YOUR HOLE SHOT GAME. MAYBE YOU JUST WANNA TRY THIS BECAUSE IT LOOKS FUN! GREAT!
- MONDAY NIGHT PIR DRAG SPRINT SERIES IS A FUN, OFFICIAL YET UNOFFICIAL, LAID BACK UNDERGROUND STREET STYLE OF DRAG RACING.
- AUGUST 7, 14, 21 AND 28
- 3 SIMPLE CATEGORIES: TRACK BIKE, WOMEN AND MEN
- 4-8 RACERS PER 1/4 MILE SPRINT
- HOLDERS WILL BE USED FOR STARTING POSITIONS
- EACH SPRINT TO COMMENCE ON THE OFFICIAL'S WHISTLE
- NO CAMERA WILL BE USED FOR THIS RACE. PART OF THE FUN IS GIVING WAY TO HUMAN JUDGEMENT AND MAYBE HUMAN ERROR
- OFFICIALS HAVE FINAL RULE ON ALL FINISHES
- WE WORK OUR WAY THROUGH A RANDOMLY SELECTED TOURNAMENT BRACKET UNTIL WE HAVE TOP THREE WINNERS PER CATEGORY
- EVERYBODY HAS A SHOT AT WINNING! SERIOUSLY!
PAYOUT FOR TOP THREE IN EACH CATEGORY IS $50-$25 AND $15 IN CASH
- $15 PRE-REG AND $20 DAY OF REGISTRATION
- UPON ARRIVAL PLEASE CHECK IN WITH REGISTRATION (EVEN IF YOU REGISTERED ONLINE)
- AT THAT TIME YOU WILL BE GIVEN A SLOT ON THE TOURNAMENT STYLE BRACKET
- YOU WILL ALSO BE GIVEN AS SPECIFIC OF A START TIME AS POSSIBLE
- EXAMPLE OF SUCH: ROUND 3 6:55
THE COURSE IS A FLAT, WIDE AND FAST 1/4 MILE OF SMOOTH ASPHALT. AND, BEST OF ALL THE COURSE IS CLOSED TO TRAFFIC SO YOU CAN REALLY DIG IN, GO HARD AND SPRINT FOR THE LINE WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD
Approved helmets are required.
All OBRA Racing Rules apply.
No aero bars allowed.
Drop bars, with bar tape, plugged ends and functional brake system
NO DRAFTING DURING THE SPRINT
ALL RACERS MUST HOLD THEIR LINE AND KEEP WITH THEIR LANE
TRACK BIKE CATEGORY
Drop bars only, without brake levers. No conversions will be allowed to race. The bike must have horizontal dropouts and racers must be clipped in to pedals
Portland International Raceway Rules and Regulations:
In accordance with FAA regulations, PIR does not permit the use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems for any type of commercial photography or videography at any time at the facility. Pets are allowed at PIR. Please consider event noise before bringing pets that may be sensitive to loud sounds. Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Owners take full responsibility for their pets. Alcohol may only be purchased on site from the PIR-contracted food and service vendor, Ovations. Outside alcohol is prohibited from all PIR property. All Portland city parks (including PIR), recreation areas, and natural areas are smoke free.
Portland International Raceway
1940 N Victory Blvd
Portland, OR 97217
OBRA and the organizers of this race do not provide insurance coverage for injuries that occur at the race. The costs related to those injuries are the responsibility of the individual participant.
PLEASE BE SURE TO REGISTER WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO MAKE YOUR HEAT AND CHECK IN AT REGISTRATION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC START TIME
NIGHT OF SCHEDULED START TIMES:
5:00 - REGISTRATION OPENS
5:30 - HEAT 1 FIXED GEAR/TRACK BIKE
6:10 HEAT 2 WOMEN
6:50 HEAT 3 MEN
** START TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND MAY VARY AS RIDERSHIP VARIES**